Wednesday, May 26, 2010

.The Visit


My visiting teachers were here this morning. What lovely women they are! It's just kinda unfortunate what had to happen while they were here today....... While we were sitting and chatting about our Sunday school classes I started noticing a noise coming from my kitchen. Finally we all stopped talking and stared at the kitchen in silence. "What is that noise anyway?"

It sounded like settling... but it also sounded like a chip bag being crumpled up. And then it would stop so we'd start talking again. But then it would start again. We started talking about mice and the fact that I've found a mouse in this house before. I was getting nervous.

They said the sound seemed to be coming from a cabinet so Sister Closson offered to look. She is fearless! We all peered into the cabinet under the sink and saw the trash can shaking! All of the garbage was moving up and down as a mouse tried repeatedly to jump out! Sister Closson threw the lid on the trash can and rushed the whole thing outside and put some boards on it to keep it shut.

The bravery of that woman is astonishing to me!

Someday I want to be Sister Closson.

And then Sister Allin inspected my house for places where a mouse could enter (there were lots I think). I think she left feeling a little bit concerned for me. When she gave the closing prayer she prayed that I could feel safe and comfortable in my home.

She definitely foresaw the uneasy feeling I have now.

That's what I love about visiting teachers.

We're having an exterminator come (thank goodness the company is paying for that (because we're paying our car insurance bill for this year and it's through the roof (we have two cars now)))

Yep! I just did parentheses within parentheses within parentheses. Awesome huh?

And yes, Air will be mowing our lawn today. Look at that grass!


.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Eek, eek, eek! Words cannot express how bad I feel for you. I am glad that you'll be able to get an exterminator in there, though.

Summer Wilson said...

I feel your pain!! We have mice in our house too. I can barely stand it, and Adam is gone so when I catch one I have to dispose of it.

mommaquincy said...

Yuck! I hate that feeling of violation! Don't they know that they belong outside?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...