Friday, May 14, 2010

.back up

20100509 Mother's Day (113) edit
We've been parking right here
for the past two weeks. In front of my parent’s home in Utah.

But now we're back in Canada. Weird. Sometimes it feels so strange to suddenly be so far away from those people and places again. And then to go so long before seeing them all. I guess its all part of moving away. Every time I go back it seems like more and more people I love have left too. And I get to see less and less of you guys.

Why can't we all just live in one little neighborhood together?


Here's the first installment of our adventures there:

We drove down. We always do. It only takes 16 hours or so… no big deal right? Besides, it's a beautiful drive!



We made it there just in time for my Mom’s birthday! We got to go out for lunch to her favorite restaurant, Souper Salad. One of Air's new faves too.


…later that night we went to our favorite restaurant with some friends in Provo. Sushi Ya!

After sushi we went home with Jesse, Lauren and their little girl Abby to hang out.
That's Lauren sitting to the right, just days before she had a cute little baby girl!

After church on Sunday we went to visit all of my grandparents at their homes.

First we ate dinner at my Ellis grandparent’s. My Grandma Ellis is probably THE best cook in the world by the way.

Look at how awesome they are!
20100502 13 Mary and Bob edit
20100502 04 Laura's birthday dinner edit20100502 18 Picture Wall edit

20100502 31 Aaron Amber Elisa edit20100502 32 Aaron Amber Elisa edit


And then we went up to Salt Lake to my Grandma Leary’s house.

My Grandma Leary is so cute.
20100502 40 Living Room edit
20100502 37 Aaron Amber edit
This was Air’s first time there (crazy) so I took him on a ‘tour’ of her awesome home. A home that I’ve always been very fond of.
20100502 38 Leary home edit
20100502 39 Leary Home edit


My Grandma told us something that I didn't really know. Apparently my Grandpa Leary (who passed away about 7 years ago) built their home with his own hands when they were young and raising their kids. My Dad grew up in this home too.
Boy, they don't make houses like they used to. I sure do love little old quirky houses! So much!


Woah, this is only covering the first four days of our trip! Can you believe it!

More to come...

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

sorry I missed seeing you! I did see your car parked in front of the house when I dropped off my van! And I heard lots about how funny you and Aaron are from the kids!

Nikki said...

Glad that you're at least able to go and visit your family every year. That must help a bit, hey?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...