Friday, May 28, 2010

.friending


The seminary year has come to an end. The final lesson was yesterday and this morning we had a big breakfast with all of the kids and their bishops. It's sad to say goodbye for three months, but nice at the same time.


*Air with all of the bishops

I've been watching the seminary kids this year become better and better friends with each other. At the beginning of the year a lot of them (especially the first year kids) had never met or talked unless they were in the same ward. But as the school year has progressed I've seen some strong friendships grow between a lot of them.

I hope they consider Air and me their friends too.

Aaron's class:

My class:

I'm so glad to see them become like a family. But mostly I've loved seeing them look for friendships with other good kids who have their same values. Friendships at their age are so vitally important.

I don't think there's anything that has as much influence on a young person's choices or determines where they will end up quite as much as the friends they make.
From my experience I believe that kids learn behaviors from each other more than anyone else.


I'm saying all of this because I'm so grateful that I had such amazing friends growing up. They were always good examples to me and made me feel accepted and cool, without having to do bad things. You know? Good cool?

I really love my childhood and teenage years and think everyone deserves to have the awesome friends that I had.

*Kim, mee and Nichole--"BFF's"

*cousin/friends: Jessica, Aida, Camilla, mee, Jenny and Joni @ the Hill Cumorah

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome year in seminary.

mommaquincy said...

I totally agree about the friend's importance in a teenager's life. How come your class is so much larger than Aaron's?

Ambs said...

I guess it just turned out that way this year Chris. :)
I have the 9 and 10 graders and Aaron has the 11 and 12's. I had 19 kids and Aaron had 12... a few of his kids aren't in these pictures cuz they left early.

Jessica said...

Way to go! Congrats on finishing the seminary school year. Is it just a one year calling? Or are you on the hook for next year? What a neat experience.
Where do you dig up all these old photos? I bet your mom has something to do with it. :) I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...