Wednesday, September 2, 2009

.It Happened One Night

When Air and I were dating I was pretty adamant that I wouldn't ever marry him. And yet I couldn't stop dating him... It was such a conundrum!! I didn't want to move away from my family again and I didn't want to make him leave his family either. But, at the same time, I couldn't bring myself to leave him. I prayed and prayed over what I should do and I felt that it might just be a choice that I'd have to make on my own.
I was almost prepared to break up with him over this when I was visiting him up here in Canada for Christmas 2007.... and then I had this dream one night:

I dreamt that it was my wedding day, and I was marrying Air on August 8th, 2008. Everything in my dream was absolutely perfect. We were so incredibly happy, and most importantly, I knew it was right.

I woke up that next morning feeling absolutely positive that I could/would/should marry Air on August 8th, 2008. I'd gotten my answer through my dream! And that's when I realized that the date in my dream happened to be 8/8/08... weird! I eventually told Air about my dream and he instantly agreed and knew that it would be perfect. I didn't know it before, but 8 is his favorite number because it's \infty 'infinity' sideways.


All of this was incredible to me


**{FLASHBACK THREE YEARS}**
You may already know the story about how Air and I met, but I thought it would be fun to actually get this stuff documented on the blarg! I've actually always hated telling people how we met because it can be a little embarrassing. But I like to assume that everyone who reads my blog loves me. Also, I think it's safe to say that only one or two people will actually read this.

So here it is:

Air and I met.........{drum roll}......... on the internet. ldslinkup.com to be exact.

There, I said it.
Now once you stop gasping and fainting you can go ahead and read the rest of the story! :)

I joined ldslinkup when I moved to Chicago for 2 years because there were ZERO dating opportunities for me in my singles ward (no offense to anyone in Chicago).
Air joined because his buddy thought it would be funny..... ? haha
I got a lot of random emails from people I didn't know on there... all of them were pretty generic. Nothing special.

Then I got one that stood out and made me laugh pretty hard. It was from a guy who's username was "Goosa", and it said something along these lines:
"Hey, my name is Aaron! I'm from Canada.
Is it too soon to tell you that I love you? Now is it too late to tell you that I'm not creepy?

I'd love to hear back from ya!"

And this is the first picture that I ever saw of Air:
I thought he was pretty dang CUTE!! Still do!

I wrote him back, and we just kept emailing from there. We talked online as much as possible, until we finally started talking on the phone a while later. That turned into almost daily phone calls. We were both pretty bored anyway. Me a nanny with no friends; and him working up in the oil field completely alone. I think he spent lots of money on long distance calling cards during that time. haha... Anyway, it was amazing to talk to someone who was so hilarious and happy and passionate about living, he had the best values of any guy anywhere, but most importantly he was really interested in learning about me. I loved that.

This is the first picture that Air ever saw of me:

Later he wrote this comment on my profile page:

Amber is pretty much A SUPER HERO...IN, HEROIN!
Well, Ambuh is EXTREMELY special to me. She has filled every void that has existed eternally in my soul with her personality, ideals, dedication, and humor. I actually don't like being without her but I don't really have a choice. If I had the means she would definitely be the woman I would be "chasing" after. She is the type of person that will give a man the nickname "Lucky"! Without her life would be bland. THANKS AMBUH! ILU!


And then I wrote this comment on his:

This guy is the best aarmchair in town... I mean out of town!

Well once I started talking to this amazing man I soon realized that guys like him don't come around.... PERIOD!! He is funny, smart, spiritual, family oriented, handsome! AND soooo many more things that I cant even go into now... The best friend I've ever had. and the hadest best I ever friended... the friendest had I ever bested. had friending the ever best. ever best friender. having friend... the most best hadest. blue tooth.. red purple three one two.


He replied with this message:

"I think I broke your brain! Your my bestest friend hadder ... best mad hadder friend? COLORS!! TURKEY!!! SEA TURTLES!!! SEQUOIA!!!!!! Aa"


Even after all of this I still wasn't prepared to make a trip up to Canada just to meet some guy from the internet. I knew him really well - but gosh! It would be so crazy to pay for a flight to see someone who you've only communicated with through phone calls and emails!
A year after our first emails we finally met in person. In February of 2007 we were both making a trip to Utah at the same time. Me to visit my family, and him to visit his friends from his mission (and me). Long story short- everything was perfect! Better than it had ever been... :)
I never would have guessed that I'd end up marrying that guy from Canada on ldslinkup...
best choice I ever made.


...and now we're living pretty happily, for an eternity after :)

6 comments:

Lauren said...

That was the BEST blog post ever!! I loved reading it! I think partially because I remember when Gusa called us to say he was in love with a girl. And he was visiting with us at one point when you were on your way to Utah. I remember how excited he was to meet you. We're so glad you two are married!! Seriously, Amber we love you and we couldn't be happier for you guys. Aaron, we love you too!

melissa said...

Hey Amber! I thought I would write a quick comment to tell you that your blog is probably the funnest one I read! (so don't think no one reads it!) And that I had no idea that this is how you two met! It is the cutest love story EVER!! I am soo glad you are happy and things worked out so well for you! keep up the fun posts!! They make me smile and want to be a better person! Thanks! =)

Jessica said...

What a fun story, I really enjoyed it (and read every word of course!). You two are some seriously funny and amazing people, just perfect for each other. There's nothing better than seeing those you love happy. Love you both!!

mommaquincy said...

Thanks for sharing that! I had no idea! I'm glad that you found each other!

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

ahh no long story short! I was intrigued! I didn't want to stop reading! :D I loved your love story! So cute! Also I think your going to be an amazing seminary teacher like you said they are inspired!

Erika Ellis said...

oh, love the love story!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...