Monday, September 28, 2009

.On a clear day...


My family's forever.

I've been living in Canada for a year now. I notice that one of the biggest differences in my life has been the fact I have been very much out-of-contact with my brothers and sisters. It's not the same when you don't all live under one roof any more.


I hate that.


How can I stay in contact with all of them, all of the time!?? I really wish I were better at it!

~I miss riding to 7-eleven for candy with Heather. I even miss screaming and laughing and hanging on for dear life when she played "drunk-driver", swerving around in the lanes.
~I miss going on daily walks and talks with Megan around her green little Illinois neighborhood. We would go out right before sunset and we would get back a little after the fireflies came out.
~I miss going fishing at Mirror Lake with Tyler and the brothers in the middle of the night. Of course we never went to the lake without stopping for doughnuts, jerky and drinks first. My favorite part.
~I miss sitting on Gwen's lap and having her tell me that I'll always be her baby; before she had any real babies of her own.
~I miss going to see every movie that came out with Seth, getting rides on the back of his motorcycle, and hanging out at his many different apartments over time.
~I miss begging Jordan to do all of my school art projects for me. Always. My art teachers thought I was so creative! Thanks Jord!
~I miss sharing everything with Elisa. The basement bathroom, our groups of friends, bedrooms and clothes.


I have a lot of siblings. And they are so cool.
(me, Megan, Heather, Missy, Elisa, Alexis, Gwen)


So, if any of my siblings read this, just know that I miss ya. And that I love you too.
And I promise that this post is unintentionally cheesy.




And now that I'm finished writing this post, I feel the need to put a disclaimer here that I am not as homesick as I may seem. Life is lovely here.
Were you worried about that?

4 comments:

Erika Ellis said...

you do have an awesome family!

mommaquincy said...

You have such an amazing family to miss! I love your sharing party tradition! I wonder if its too late for my kids to start one!

Mom said...

Back Scratching should be done in circles, not trains.

Gwen said...

I still think that you will always be our baby even though I have my own babies. It's your place in our family and we love you all the more for it.

...Just so you know, I always tell my boys that they will be my babies forever too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...