Thursday, February 10, 2011

.What doesn't kill me


I want to be a stronger person.

I'm learning that whenever I get questioned or criticized I usually relinquish and just surrender and start to question myself too. I fall apart thinking that I am stupid and that I'm not doing good enough.

I'm doing the best I can.

I don't know why anyone insists on finding fault in me or anyone other than themselves, but I need to stop listening to people who tell me that I'm not good enough. I know that I am small and faulty, but "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" (Alma 37:6-7). That scripture can be about me. I can do a lot of great things with my small life.

But first, I need to strengthen myself.

Lately I have been under some pressure (in every part of my life) and feeling a bit stressed trying to make the right decisions and to do the best I can at what I've been asked to do. I've been trying and hoping that whatever I do doesn't hurt or offend anyone.

I failed at that this week and it was a big eye opener for me.

But just because other people aren't happy with what I do doesn't mean I did something wrong. I am confident that as long as I make choices prayerfully and follow what the Spirit prompts me to do, it will always be the best choice.
And if nay-sayers want to disagree and argue about those choices they can talk to someone else about it from now on. It dampens my spirit and I don't need to hear it.

Sometimes life gets serious whether I like it or not.

And let me just assure you--I do not like seriousness. At least not the type I've been dealing with over these last few days.


There's a dirty, ugly old lump of coal in a mountain somewhere, and when that 'small thing' is put under a lot of pressure and heat for a long time it can become something new. A diamond. And who wouldn't think that diamond is beautiful and of worth? Nobody. Not a single body.
Unfortunately it wouldn't have become anything without going through the heat and pressure first.

And so it is.

1 comment:

Laura Leary said...

I'm with you. I hate to be criticized, especially when I don't deserve it. I should remember that next time I feel like criticizing someone. It never works. Praise works. Appreciation works. I think you are awesome and I appreciate all you do.
And what do you want for your birthday?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...