Thursday, February 10, 2011

.To my Dearest Darling!!!!

Ambs,

In response to your post I have hijacked your blog to leave you this letter.... publicly.

You have been a blessing to me as a wife, friend , chef, photo-editor, interior designer, and most of all my turkish delight?

You may feel like you are in the coal stage but I disagree and you know that, BUT if you insist on being coal well to me you still heat up my life and keep me alive!! See what I did there?

I am sure someone is thinking that I am the mountain putting all the pressure on you just because you make me sleep on the wall side of the bed and I enjoy the odd "STEAMROLLER!!" now and then.

I am glad I'm not.

If anything I feel like I am the miner (not minor) that found you and excitedly yelped, "'Er-EEKA! A DIE-MunD!" (I swear that's how I imagine miners speak).

I'm lucky. You make me lucky.

I'm happy. You make me happy.

I'm in love. You make me in love.

I'm smiling. You make me smiling.

I'm fat. You make me fat.

.... where was I going with this?

Ambs you ARE a diamond because you've brought wealth into my life. You've supported my good character while simultaneously scolded my bad. You've motivated me to seek cures to my illnesses and make me laugh.
You ARE a diamond because when I hold you under the light you sparkle (maybe you're a vampire, apparently they do that). You love me so much it's really confusing.
You ARE a diamond because I wouldn't trade you for anything because I would always be the one being ripped off.
You ARE a diamond because you don't break when I drop you from tall buildings.

You are NOT coal because when I hug you my hands do NOT get dirty. You are NOT coal because when I kiss you I do NOT want to throw up (it is just because I am sick...). You are NOT coal because when you talk with me you are NOT rough around the edges. You are a LITTLE coal because you make a mean BBQ!

Bottom line Ambs, to me you are the most valuable diamond I've ever come in contact with and for those who can't recognize that:

Cannot tell the difference between a diamond and a pocketful of poo-pee.

All my Love,

Air





4 comments:

Nikki said...

Aww! That's super cute! You two are so adorable. Hang in there, Amber, you're awesome.

Erika Ellis said...

You guys are awesome!

Brooklyn said...

I'm glad that picture is at the end because I probably wouldn't have taken you seriously...so sweet!

ellisgomez said...

I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...