Tuesday, October 5, 2010

.The Spoken Word

latter-day-saint-general-conference
Conference weekend was a beaut!

I can't express to you how much I love being a member of the church and having things like conference and meetings and callings to keep my busy and feeling fulfilled. Life would seem so pointless and dreary to me without these things. I love to know so much about where I come from, where I'm going, and what I'm supposed to be doing with my time. This is where I find peace.

My love and I watched the first session on Saturday at home together and then headed down to be with the family for the rest of the weekend. Air, Josh and his Dad went to priesthood session and then to a BNO (boys night out) with a bunch of their xbox buddies from the ward.

I went wedding dress shopping for Tam with the girls: Air's Mom, Tam, Tara and Tessa. After we shopped our hearts out, we came home and had GNO! We all did facials and then I introduced them to North and South. I was so pleased that they actually loved it!
alt
The lady at this dress shop told me I couldn’t take pictures of the dresses (dumb rule) so I took pictures of our expressions as we saw the dresses on Tam…. and then I got a few accidental shots of Tam in the mirror! :)

Tam is going to be a beautiful bride!!
alt
altalt
Sunday's conference sessions were amazing! My favorite talk was about the Holy Ghost. I can't remember the name of the speaker; but the words he spoke keep running through my mind. The way he explained that everything we do in our church: scriptures, praying, fasting, attending, serving, etc. are all there in order to have the Spirit with us. They aren't all separate things, unrelated and diverse. They all share the same purpose. God organized his gospel and he created all of these commandments so that we could keep ourselves closer to Him, and to his Spirit.

Conference is a great gift and reminder... I hope you enjoyed it as well!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I loved Conference too. It's always so amazing and uplifting.

mommaquincy said...

Sounds like some fun family traditions! We started having dinner together before priesthood meeting a few years ago, when it would have just been me home alone after and we keep doing it that way. I loved Elder Hollands talk. I love being "just a helper" in this church!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...