Tuesday, March 2, 2010

.Olympians


Our seminary kids got to be Olympians for the past few weeks in the Scripture Mastery Olympics!

It was incredibly fun

We had competitions every morning at the beginning of class...

snowboarding

luge

downhill skiing

figure skating & speed skating

On Monday, we had our closing ceremonies and handed out awards.

We had the Olympic theme song playing as we called out their names and handed them these awards I made out of cookies. It was awesomely cheesy.

Gold Silver and Bronze

Champions!

Gold medalists!
.

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Very cool! I love the awards, so much nicer when they're edible.

Nikki said...

Sounds super fun!

Alana said...

I have some qustions for you? Did you cover the cookies in different foil or is that paper? Also is that olympics a picture of teh sign or did ou do that on photoshop? I ask because my Mom wants to do a ward Olympic activity and I ws teliing her about your blog post (which had some pics of great ideas.

Ambs said...

Alana - I covered all of the cookies in foil and then I covered the gold ones with gold tissue paper and the bronze ones with brown tissue paper. Wal-Mart has the best selection of tissue paper.
The pic at the top of the post was a picture of the actual poster I made by taping a whole lot of scrap papers together. We edited to make it white tho.
This would be a really good activity for a ward. We just used scripture mastery clues and searches... but you could probably come up with something better for the whole ward!
Thanks for asking! We REALLY miss having you guys in the ward!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...