Wednesday, March 10, 2010

.looking applying waiting


I've been looking for a job
for about 3 months now.

I absolutely hate looking for jobs by the way.

I'm probably too picky about where I'll work, but I'd rather not end up somewhere that I won't like. I've had enough of those jobs.

I've given my resume to so many businesses I feel a bit exposed with people all over the city having my information.

And not a single call-back.


To be honest, I've been pretty scared to go to work again since I haven't had a "real" job in over a year. I worry that I'll be too tired during the day after early morning seminary.

I remember feeling the same way after I quit my nanny job and moved back to Utah a few years ago. I had to join the work force once again in some type of office with a lot of professional-type people.

An intimidating thought.

The first job I had after I was a nanny was a temp job as a receptionist at the huge Wells Fargo Building in Salt Lake. Can I just tell you-- that was the scariest, busiest, most intense, most intimidating, hardest job. And I might add that I had the meanest boss you could imagine! I was relieved once I was done working there after a month.

.....And then I got another job at a security system company. I worked in the call center with my best friend Nichole. Eventually, everyone else there was a friend too.

It. Was. Awesome.

*my scissors and thumb tacks in jell-o...


I was so blessed to have found that job and pretty much loved every minute of it.

Hopefully I will be just as blessed with this new endeavor?

Wish me luck?
.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hope everything works out, just keep praying!

Jessica said...

good luck Amber! Job's are a blessing and a burden, but anything that's worth it is challenging. Keep handing out that resume!

Alana said...

What kind of jobs are you looking for? Silly people for not calling Amber back, she's amazing

mommaquincy said...

I'm sure that there's some awesome job out there just waiting for someone awesome like you to come along! I love working for the school district.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...