Friday, March 26, 2010

.discouraged under fire

*I love this photo of my sister Elisa and niece Mia in Ut last week. Older siblings are talking in the background.

Tell me: How do I let myself get attached to jobs before I even have an interview?

A week after applying for a receptionist job at a care center, I called to see if the position was still open. The lady very kindly told me that they had already done interviews; and if they didn't call me it was because they didn't think I was qualified...

I feel so unwanted.

Isn't anyone hiring?
It it because I haven't had a job in so long?
Is it the recession in the states?
Is it because I'm white?

Is there a reason at all?

I need a job so badly right now... but when I feel rejected and discouraged like this it really drains my energy to keep trying to find one... or maybe having the flu is what's draining me. Either way, I'm not made for this. If I'm going to be expected to work, I need to be given a job. Basic order of events.


I'm going to the temple tonight.
I need to sort things out in my mind and receive some answers and inspiration. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and knows the things I'm concerned about right now. Does anything else matter? Not really.

See? I feel better already.
And then I remember that today was the last day of seminary before spring break.
Oh, Heavenly Father REALLY loves me!
.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Sorry you don't have a job yet. I'll keep you in my prayers. And you are definately loved and a great person and if I had a job I could offer you, I totally would. You're GREAT:)

mommaquincy said...

I'm sure there must be just the right job for you out there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...