Monday, February 22, 2010

.Confession...

*another image by Air from our long-distance dating era

I promised myself I wouldn't talk about this here.

But I also always "promise myself I wouldn't cry"... and I never seem to follow through with that one either.

I guess I'm a pretty private person {believe it or not}. It's always been difficult for me to talk about things I deem 'personal' to people I don't know well... so you can imagine how it is writing personal things on here, where I have no idea who's even reading.

But right now... I want to get this off my chest... and I guess this is the place to do that.

So here it is. My very personal confession:


I want a baby


Gah! That was hard!

I know it's nothing surprising to anyone. Nor am I the first to proclaim these words. But for as long as I can remember I've been excited to be a mommy. I've always loved to imagine what my kids might be like or look like.

Being a nanny, I figured out that I was sort of good at being a mom. It's definitely my calling in life. I enjoyed every minute of it. I miss it!

Once I married Air, I knew that my kids were GUARANTEED to be at least half amazing--and that only makes me even more excited to meet them!

I guess you could say that Air and I are child enthusiasts.

We love kids!


We want to start having our own before we get too old to have very many.

We want lots!

And I really hate to admit it, but sometimes when I think of all my friends who are pregnant and having babies all over the place {although I'm incredibly happy for them}, I feel a little sad.... for myself....


I'm such a baby


But alas, we must wait.

And we'll keep on waiting pretty impatiently until the time comes when we are blessed with a kid to join us.


'sides, I don't think that babies should be having babies anyway


Am I right or am I right?

right.

Thanks for listening.

*game night a couple weeks ago with two pregnant friends--Kyla and Andrea

.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I guess I kind of know how you feel watching lots of people having kids right now and knowing that I won't have that again even though we wanted 2 more. It's tough. Hang in there though, and when you have kids you will be such an amazing mom!

Missy said...

You know there is never the perfect time to have a baby. Sure, I guess you can wait until you're out of school or have a little more money. But people have babies in the craziest of circumstances and things always work out. The Lord blesses when we do the right things.

President Kimball has said, "I know of no scriptures or authorities which authorize young wives to delay their families or to go to work to put their husbands through college. Young married couples can make their way and reach their educational heights, if they are determined."

Didn't intend to be preachy there. You and Aaron will be wonderful parents (and I hardly consider you babies). Tyler and I saw that the first time we met him and how our kids were so attracted to him. I say GO FOR IT! Babies are so much fun!! There is nothing like a baby that makes 2 people feel like a family.

mommaquincy said...

Amber, you will know when its the right time to have a baby! And when you do you will love it! As long as you and Aaron know you should wait, you'll be able to. Hopefully not so long that you will be an old woman though.

P Crowd said...

First of all.. the picture is cute and hilarious, made me giggle! I feel for you on the baby business. I love that my friends and family are pregnant but I want one too! :( we will wait a little longer as well! It will be well worth the wait! ;D

Jenny Kendall said...

If you're waiting on purpose, goodness, just stop waiting :) (Babies aren't nearly as expensive as Babies-R-Us wants you to believe. Start a fundraiser. I'll donate to that cause!)
If you're having trouble getting pregnant, you aren't alone, and you'll get a chance at mommy-hood.
My baby is the happiest thing in my life.

Summer Wilson said...

Be careful what you pray for in terms of babies. Look what happened to us!!!! Wishing and praying for years to have kids and then boom 3 in 3 years. The Lord knows what's best for your family, just listen to what He wants for you guys and it will all work out.

bethany said...

You will be a wonderful mom, amber. I remember watching you with all of our gomez cousins at the annual easter bashes, you were their favorite. So, let's get down to business, who are you rooting for in the olympics? Are you a true canadian yet?

Alana said...

Amber you will be a wonderful mom when the time is right (and your kid will be super cute no doubt).

Anonymous said...

Ambsie,
I'm glad I'm not alone. It's hard seeing so many people have babies! It's crazy because being married, all the sudden you're so close to being a mommy that you can almost taste it. I think what Missy said is GREAT advice and wasn't preachy at all. Just listen to Heavenly Father and he'll tell you when the time is right. Afterall, he knows when the time is right. Sometimes His time is different from our time. Love you ambie and good luck!
Love Nichole

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...