Thursday, February 11, 2010

.3 things


From Tuesday morning's class.

Item 1: the trees

A brief explanation:
My lesson was on Alma 37:35.
"O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God."

I related this scripture to trees...
Young trees are easy to shape. They bend in the wind so we tie them to poles to make sure that they grow up straight and strong. Once a tree is older it's so much harder to change and fix. When it grows wrong we might have to chop off branches here and there, leaving huge ugly scars ...it could even kill the poor tree.
People are the same way. It's so good for people to learn to be good while they're young to avoid paying huge and devastating consequences from a lot of mistakes later on.

Item 2: true/false Question

A brief explanation:
"T/F -A Book of Mormon prophet taught his son to teach people to have an everlasting hatred."

This question stumped all of my kids. They thought it was False.
It was {of course} a trick question.
Alma taught Helaman to teach the people to have an everlasting hatred of sin.
Did you figure that out?
We talked about freedom from sin after that. It was awesome.

Item 3: love notes to me!

A brief explanation:
I didn't even have to write these notes to myself this time!
My students are hilarious.
When I got to the classroom the next morning I read this and smiled :)
Then I read the last one and laughed out loud! Like "LOL" kinda laughing... seriously.
Aren't they sweet?

What made this even more sweet was when Ron Patrick {the head CES supervisor} walked into my classroom to check up on us, he saw this on the board and said he was impressed that the kids love me so much.

O, what a beautiful morning!

.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

You are lucky to have an awesome class. But then again, you are an awesome person:)

mommaquincy said...

I knew they'd all love you! Nice analogy! I'll use the tree thing in Primary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...