Wednesday, August 5, 2009

.The Lion King

We went to see Broadway Across America/Canada's The Lion King a few weeks ago with our friend 'Cabbage'.
yes I took pictures inside the theater... shhhhhh!

I actually sent them this review for their website (since they sent me an email requesting it):

"I absolutely loved this show, it was fantastic! The stage was really cool and all of the sets were very dynamic. My favorite part: THE HUGE ELEPHANTS!! My second favorite part: Anytime Mufasa spoke or sang anything! His voice was incredible!!
There were a few major flaws with the second act, in mine and my husband's opinions. First - Scar's character wasn't true to the movie. When he was the King he started to feel sad that nobody liked him, he was hallucinating that Mufasa was all around him, and he started to come on to Nala (causing her to leave). That is not the Scar that I know. I think that his personality would have enjoyed having all the power and making everyone miserable. He wasn't supposed to be whiny and sad. Ever.

My only other problem with the musical was the fact that they didn't sing the song '
In The Jungle' ...NOOO!!"

Anyway, I really wanted to know if any of you have gone to this musical and what you thought of it? I wonder if they do it differently in other cities, with different actors, etc.

Anyone? Anyone?

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

All I know is the Disney movie. It sounds like it was awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...