Friday, December 2, 2011

.The Best Game on the Internet


In July of 2007 my big brother sent the family a link to a humble little computer game that he and some of his fellow designers had been working on. He wanted us to test it out and tell him if there were any problems. This is a pretty normal occurrence with my brother Jordan, he's always creating something new and sharing it with us. And we always love whatever it is. We started playing this game and were stunned by this little world and how much fun it could be!

My nieces and nephews all became instant addicts (that was OK since it's an educational kinda game).

Since then the game has grown and grown. There are now 23 different WORLDS within the game and 10 million kids playing it every month. They have memberships, and they even have action figures and toys being sold at Toys-R-Us and in kids meals at Carl's Jr. Plus, t-shirts!

*we went to Carl's Jr. in Utah just for the toy


Jordan was even featured in their local newspaper.


Oh yeah, and on Time's 50 Best Websites of 2011. nbd

It is amazing to see the growth that's happened in just over 4 years. My brother is amazingly talented and genius. And I'm sure that the other guys working on it are ok too.

Have you heard of Poptropica? Here's a little video tour with some cheesy music:


My favorite world? Reality TV Island. But that was not an easy decision to come to. Here are some pics I took playing the game:


I'm pretty excited for the next world to come out too... here's a preview for Ghost Story Island:




You know what else is cool about my brother's job? His boss is Jeff Kinney. Author of the popular "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" book series. I even met him once!

I know, right?

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Isn't it cool being related to a genius or 2 or 200 or more?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...