Wednesday, August 25, 2010

.Three Red Rings of Death


This is an Xbox. Normally the round ring is green, but last week ours did this. Do you happen to know what this means? I’ve learned since I’ve been married to Air that this is a universal Xbox sign. It means it’s dead.

My Air-bear likes his Xbox very much. He doesn't always have time to play, but I know he loves it because he turns it on any time he is tired and wants to relax. He was sad when it died, but he wasn’t interested in having it repaired or anything.

You see, this summer those lovely people at Microsoft decided to release a new version of the Xbox console that we already had. Air was attracted to the new *Xbox 360 Slim* like you wouldn't believe! He wanted to have it!

We made a deal that he wouldn't buy one while his current one was still in such perfect condition. What's the use of replacing something that's working so well? Right?

I confidently promised him, "We can buy one of those when ours breaks (in ten years, pshhh)." And he agreed.

I didn't think it would break. Ever.

And so you see, it broke. And of course Air remembered my promise and got the new *Xbox 360 Slim* the next day.
I can’t help but be glad that we got it when I see how happy this cute guy is…


And it is a pretty addition to our family, huh? We sure like our gadgets!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Our Xbox (#2) is dead in the closet, but we replaced it with a Wii this time. I hope the slim lives up to Air's high expectations!
By the way, I really enjoyed all of your great pictures from your trip to Illinois, I haven't seen Megan and her family for so long! How wonderful that you could go out with Elisa and your parents too! So thanks so much for sharing.

mommaquincy said...

Sometimes death is a good thing? How's the new job?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...