Friday, August 13, 2010

.Noise in Illinois (part I)

20100805 Dad's cam (1) editMy favorite covered bridge in Gurnee

I am aware that I've been posting way too many pictures this week. Is it freaking you guys out? Do you kinda feel like you've been in Nauvoo too now? That's what I was going for. You know… I haven’t even posted half the pictures we took.

I was going to try to hold back for a bit; but Chicago was so spectacular! How can I not post these??

Here we are arriving at my sister Megan’s home in Gurnee, IL:

20100803 Dad's cam (50) edit20100803 Dad's cam (53) edit

I hadn't seen these guys in TWO YEARS!!!! I miss them every day.

20100803 Dad's cam (56) edit

Reuniting with my Hailey-bear. She was a little scared of us all walking into her house at first but she totally got over that within minutes. She said she remembers me too. :)

20100803 Dad's cam (61) editAlexis and Elisa measuring up. A favorite past time for the women in my family. I am the tallest girl by the way.

Our time in Gurnee with my family was perfect. It was just what I needed. I can't describe the feeling I had being back there with my sister Megan and her family. It used to be my home. I used to drive around on those streets, to sleep in the bedroom I decorated, to play at those parks with Hailey. Going back was fun to say the very least. I miss it so much!

On our second day, Air and I went out to a Cubs game!

The rest of the family opted to stay home and watch the game on TV. I can’t blame them! It was an extremely HUMID and rainy day! We had fun anyway!

Wrigley field is just awesome. It’s busy and huge and has the original old scoreboard:

We were pretty excited that the Cubs actually won for us! Go Cubbies!


More to come!

1 comment:

Brie said...

Aww I wish we would've been there to see you guys! I'm glad you had fun! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...