Wednesday, December 23, 2009

.What it’s about

20081219 Down town lights (29)*nativity display at Temple Square Dec 2008

It’s about this. It’s about everything that He did for us, and the fact that the only way we can give something back to Him is by giving to each other.
Giving a gift to someone and seeing that look of excitement on their face brings so much joy! This year I'm going to bask in the happiness and excitement I see in people's faces when they open gifts. Especially the gifts from me.
I don’t doubt that the joy I feel is just a small reflection of the joy that God feels when he sees us accept his gifts for us with excitement.
I, also, don't doubt that He has given us a lot! A whole lot!

One of those gifts being families

20081224 fall 1 edit
20081224 fall 2 edit
20081224 fall 3 edit

Luckily there were only some minor injuries last year.

On holidays like Christmas I know I have reason to celebrate, but sometimes I don't think about those real reasons as much as I think about all of the other hubbub going on. Those traditional things are really fun and everything... but I think it's important to have more meaning in our lives.

“The unexamined life is not worth living”
.......................................................... ~Socrates

20081219 Down town lights (37) edit

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Christmas, Amber!

mommaquincy said...

Its the first Christmas that I spent away from family on my mission that really taught me to focus on Christ at Christmas! I hope that you have a great one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...