Tuesday, October 6, 2009

.On having family nearby

I was right when I said that we'd be spending a lot more time with Air's family now that they live about 20 minutes away!


I'm right a lot though, so that's no surprise :)


When I think about the past year that we've been living up here in Edmonton with no family nearby I can remember many many weekends of just Air and I hanging out alone. That was really fun and all, but it's also nice to be around other people now and then too!
People other than Air's single guy friends!
Luckily the fam moved up here just before I became a complete hermit! But it was a pretty close call!
Photobucket
This is the lovely view out our apartment window... Yep! It's a window well full of weeds...


We celebrated Tam's Birthday with them!
Photobucket

Photobucket
I guess the only birthday present they get in their family is getting thrown around?
PhotobucketPhotobucket


We've been hanging out around their beautiful new home
Photobucket

Photobucket


Watching movies on their huge new tv
Photobucket


Air and the guys worked on the deck in the back yard
Photobucket


While us girls unpacked the garage
PhotobucketPhotobucket


We got to play with the cousins and their cute little puppies!


Awwwww.....
Photobucket


We watched Sunday's General Conference with the whole family!
{As far as conference goes..... WOW! Is it just me or does conference get more and more powerful and motivating every time? My favorite was Elder Bednar's talk... I'll probably talk about that later}

And we've been eating some REALLY yummy meals prepared by these two lovely women:
Air's Mom, and her Mom (our Grandma for those mathematically challenged)



We've been having so much fun seeing them every weekend, and some weekdays too! Our family is so awesome, I love them to pieces!


Family. Isn't it about time?

that was a super cheesy joke
.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Looks like a lot of fun times! The weeds are very green and pretty! Aaron's family seems really cool!

Nikki said...

I know what you mean about not having any family close, that's totally how we would have been if we'd staying in Grande Prairie. We were there for only a couple of months when we were first married. 6 or so hours from my family and 10 or so from John's family. Even though we were all in the same province...CRAZY! And you're not the only one who feels like that about General Conference, I'm the same way.

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

ahh man just reading your blog makes me want to move to Canada!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...