Friday, October 2, 2009

.General

Conference

Word on the street is that we get to hear from the Prophet and Apostles this weekend. I'm gonna be loving every minute of it here at home with my cute hubby!


I sure hope my seminary kids take some time to watch a session... or four... or maybe even five?
I don't want to get my hopes up too high though!





One of the best experiences of my lifetime was when I went to a youth fireside at the Conference Center back in 2000. The Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley gave the most glorious talk I ever remember hearing at that age.

Although the talk was really amazing, the experience I'm talking about happened after the talk was over. As I was wandering out of the building with a group of young women from my ward, I remember stopping and looking at a water fountain. I read the words carved into the stone:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

I stared at these words for as long as I could. An incredible feeling poured over me and made me tingle from head to toe. And that feeling came along with a resounding message in my mind. That this church that I belong to is true. A huge smile came over my face and I remember feeling complete peace and happiness in that moment. So much that my heart hurt. I couldn't believe that I was given that assurance without even asking for it.

Some blessings come when we don't expect them to.



I hope that someone else will see that stone in Salt Lake City this weekend and feel what I felt when I was standing right there nine years ago.


I hope for a lot of things.

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

those are great things to hope for! And none of them are selfish! You are pretty awesome that way! I am very excited for conference tomorrow, too. And I'm hoping my primary kids will watch and try to figure out what the prophet on the earth today tells them they should do!

The Duenas Family said...

ali just told me that you guys are moving back....when? why? whoa!!!!!!

me so excited!!

Ambs said...

Oh, I think Ali misunderstood. Aaron told her that we are moving back when he finishes school.

So... not for like 4 years or something! :(

me so sorry!!! haha I WISH we were moving back though! That would be awesome.

Nikki said...

Thanks for sharing that experience! I love those moments where I just feel so strong inside that this really IS the true church, it's awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...