Wednesday, October 14, 2009

.Thanksgiving


Because our harvest
in Canada comes earlier than it does in the States, we celebrate Thanksgiving a whole month ahead. On the second Monday in October (a few days ago). We don't celebrate because of Columbus and the Indians... but because of some guy who discovered Canada... and also because we have a lot to be thankful for here too!

So now that all of your questions are answered as to why Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving. I'll tell you how it was!



On Sunday, after church, we headed down to Air's parent's house for the great feeding! I brought my homemade corn bread so that we could enjoy all of the yummy food without feeling too guilty for not contributing to the meal. So it was an awesome, guilt free, Thanksgiving feast!

At dinner we go around the table and tell what we are grateful for. Air said that he is grateful that his family moved closer to us. I said I am grateful for my calling.
We have so much to be grateful for!


Pie, glorious pie!

After dinner we played a silly game ("You know you're a redneck if...") and we all talked all night.
Some friends of Air's parents, the Dunne family from Ireland, stayed the weekend too! It was a big, fun sleepover party!


Breakfast on Thanksgiving morning was awesome too...


the Dunne's little girl Hannah and Air's sister Tiana


We really wanted to go to a corn maze... but of course it snowed constantly.


So we did some shopping instead

for Halloween costumes!
Air and his sister Tara... freaky right!??


Notice Air's Mom and me in the background of this one? We had loads of funness thinking of costumes.


There is a lot of fun to be had at Value Village this time of year.

.

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

It looked like our kind of Thanksgiving feast. Did you have turkey and all?

Erika Ellis said...

Looks like fun! Are you coming down for our Thanksgiving feast?

Nikki said...

It looks like you had a blast. I wish I could celebrate Thanksgiving with a big family, we just had my dad over. Glad you enjoyed our early Turkey Day:)

Jo said...

So THATS why our Thanksgiving is in October... hahahaha I had no idea!
I always thought it was because we didnt like the whole 'start of the christmas holiday' idea like the states.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...