Wednesday, June 20, 2012

.stretched on Father's Day

20120603 baby bump (5) edit1

I've been kinda sad lately. Air and I received new callings on Sunday (Father’s Day). Callings that seem to be a bit less convenient than the ones we've been enjoying for the past while.

The sad part is that I’m leaving Young Women’s—I’m going to miss it so much! I just love the youth in my ward and the leaders I was working with. But here it is. Once again I am being stretched outside of my comfort zone onto uncharted plains. Primary.

Air was called as the 2nd Counselor in Young Men's and I’m the 2nd Counselor in Primary.

20120603 baby bump (1) edit1

Speaking of the word "stretched"... I never knew how often that word would be on my mind while I've been pregnant. I constantly feel my body being stretched. Further and further out than I ever thought was possible. But somehow it always is possible. I think there’s a lesson in this. It tells me that I am capable of much more than I would have imagined. The more I'm stretched, the more I realize just how much I can do. And the better I become because of it. This new calling will be good for me. Life isn’t meant to be convenient all the time, I need to be stretched now and then.


***************

Anyway, here are some iphone photos from our Father’s Day! It was, after all, a very good day.

20120617 Father's day (1) 20120617 Father's day (2)20120617 Father's day (5) 20120617 Father's day (4)20120617 Father's day (6) 20120617 Father's day (7)20120617 Father's day (8) edit


By the way, Happy first day of Summer!!!

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

I was terrified of a Young Women's call! And I am so comfortable in any Primary calling. God knows what we need to grow! Great metaphor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...