Monday, June 18, 2012

.33 week thoughts

20120618 thirty-three weeks pregnant (18) edit

"This moment is special", I thought as I was rolling paint onto a wall for the fourth day in a row. Row by row, up and down, left to right. My pregnant body aching from my back to my hips. I had already finished painting multiple walls in other rooms in the home, but this room was special to me somehow. The walls in this room had to be perfect. Not a single dent. No mistakes.


This will be the baby's room.

"I must be experiencing that thing they call nesting," Funny, I wasn't sure I'd go through that like I've heard so many pregnant women talk about before. I guess I'm more normal than I think sometimes. We are all, as humans, so similar. You know?

"This room is very special." For years I've hoped that someday, when I had a baby, I'd be able to give that baby it's own room. Not because it's a 'baby requirement' or anything, but because it was my dream. And here I was, in that room in my future. It's here.
The feeling of living out my past's future overwhelms me as I prepare this room for a baby now. Gratitude to God for the fulfilling of the hopes and dreams I've prayed for, that I wasn't sure I'd be blessed enough to receive.

"A baby and a house. Do I even deserve this? Can I handle all of this?" Of course these blessings come with a lot more dedication and work than I'm used to; but whenever I think about it, instead of feeling anxiety, I feel peace. I'm looking forward to finally being a parent.

"I hope we'll be ready when the baby comes". These nine months are going by so much faster than I expected them to. At this moment I still feel a little unprepared to have a baby around here as we're still living in a construction zone. There are so many things that we still need. We'll have to take this one day at a time.

"For now, I'll just focus on painting these walls..."

6 comments:

Jessica said...

What a sweet post. You are great Amber, and I am glad that you get to have a baby and that you get to give that baby it's own new freshly painted room! I'm so happy for you.

Erika Ellis said...

We love watching both the baby bump and the house progress. You are already such a cute mom! Please move down here so we can watch your little family grow. Thank you.

cc said...

:) Super sweet post...love you guys!

mommaquincy said...

You are going to love being a mom! Its the hardest, most rewarding job in life!

Mary said...

Pending baby sentiments, ahhh--I remember feeling some of the same. It is a sweet experience, and I'm sure you and Aaron will be exceptional parents. The baby is as blessed as the parents.

Gwen said...

Get that room perfect so that the baby can dent those walls plenty as he grows. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...