Tuesday, April 3, 2012

.300 posts!

banner-for-blog--stones


I recently discovered that some people had never noticed that the picture at the top of this blog has our faces edited into it. It made me wonder—Have you noticed?

I’ve been in love with Norman Rockwell’s artwork since I can remember and I’ve collected his calendars and pictures over the years. Something about the americana style with kids and lovers looking so perky and lanky makes life seem so simple and happy to me. Not to mention the perfect retrospective look they give you into the early 1900’s. So far, for this blog, Air and I have edited three of his pictures to have our faces in them…

Here are the originals and the edited ones:
norman rockwell lovers under tree edit
header-AMBER-BLOG-HEADER-fixed

***************
norman rockwell skaters edit
header ambs air skatingHEADER--AMBER-winter-2011-snowboards-B&W-smaller

***************

Norman Rockwell swinging024 edit
Header-AMBS-SWING-no circle 2

***************

And then we’ve made some other headers… do you remember all of these?


HEADER1 windy-headerHEADER2-Christmas-4HEADER--AMBER-FALL-2010-(3)HEADER--AMBER-winter-2010-new-bow


And you know what!?? We’re not even close to being done with these yet! We absolutely love channeling our creativity and fashioning things like this… and then being able to share them with you is just the cherry on top of the humongous cake.

So… thank you so much for following the last 300 posts of this blog and stay tuned for many more!

Love you all!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Yes, I have indeed noticed on all of the ones you've done like that :) I love em!

Summer said...

I noticed, and love them. I can't believe how seamless you can edit them. You guys are good at it.

Amy said...

I have noticed - some of them it was obvious like the baby one. However the Normal Rockwell ones I always second guessed and wondered if I was just seeing things.

I love your blog and you guys!

mommaquincy said...

You guys are good! I missed a couple of the edits, but will be looking more closely in the future! Keep on blogging!

adrienne said...

Since I haven't known you that long, I've only seen the baby one, which I obviously oticed. I also LOVE Norman Rockwell, so I love your edited versions! How very talented and creative you are.

Mary said...

The Norman Rockwell pix deceived me, but Min and I laugh everytime we see Amber and her Aaron baby. Love em.

Erika Ellis said...

Have to admit, the baby one is my favorite! Once this baby gets here, it's going to be fun to see how many things you can edit it's face on!

Jessica said...

Of course I've noticed! I love your headers and your massive editting skills. You guys have great talent and taste! Love you Amber.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...