Friday, August 8, 2014

.Aaron and Amber Forever


Today is our 6th Anniversary and I'd like to finally share the story of Aaron's proposal with this blog of ours.
It's actually a funny story. Mostly just embarrassing for me, but I'll get over it. 
 
------------

At the beginning of the year 2008, Aaron was living in Canada and I had moved back to Utah after three years in Illinois. We were still somehow dating very seriously after we both felt strongly that we wanted to be together. His job at the time involved every other week of him going up North to the oil field and then being off work the other half of the time. He was driving down to Utah almost every other week to spend time with little old ME. It was crazy.

We both knew we'd get married. I had given him the 'go ahead' on proposing whenever and however he desired, and then I was just waiting to see how he'd do it. I also had shown him wedding ring styles that I liked. One specific style was my favorite and he wanted to give me that. I didn't know this at the time, but he had found a friend of one of his mission friends in Utah who was a jewelry maker, and he was commissioning him to make my ring. Getting the ring made was taking longer that he wanted it to... he wanted to have it right away so he could propose on this trip to Utah. The jewelry maker agreed to let him borrow the diamond (set in a temporary band) since the actual band wasn't ready yet. Only problem was he had to return it and go back to Canada the next day!

So, in the evening of March 7th, while he was on one of his short visits to Utah, he wanted to go down to visit our friends who lived in Provo. We love hanging out with the Larsen's and Hooley's, he met Jesse and Colby on his mission and they are still really close friends. We played rock band (as was the thing at the time) with all of them and had a super fun night. Air was pretty sneaky and managed to get the diamond from Jesse at some point that night.

And luckily for all of us, we were really camera happy:

20080307 Engaged!! (6) edit20080307 Engaged!! (9) edit 20080307 Engaged!! (10) edit20080307 Engaged!! (12) edit

We left pretty late that night to drive back up to my parent's house in West Jordan. We had taken my car, therefore I was driving. While we were on the freeway Aaron started saying he wanted to stop and go for a walk at the Daybreak lake (where we went on our very first date). I said, "Nah, it's too late and really cold outside". Then he tried to get me to go to the theater where we went on our first date by suggesting we could go to a movie at Daybreak. Again I said it was too late and I was tired. We could just watch one at my parent’s house. He finally dropped the subject after a while, and since I was driving it just wasn't happening.. (I am so embarrassed).

We got to my parent's house and I went to my room and he went to the guest bedroom (where he had been staying that week). A minute later someone was knocking on my bedroom door. I opened the door and there was Aaron, down on one knee in the hallway of my parent's basement. Holding a beautiful wooden ring case with a big diamond in it. He said, "Hey, do you want to get married?"

20080307 Engaged!! (23) edit

I felt pretty silly for not catching on or being willing to just go to the flippin’ lake for a walk! Anyway, it made for a funny story… right?

And we were still pretty camera happy as you will see:

20080307 Engaged!! (25) edit20080307 Engaged!! (30) edit20080307 Engaged!! (37) edit 20080307 Engaged!! (41) edit

Happy Anniversary Air bear. I’ll love you forever.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I didn't cooperate for Jason's proposal either, it happens :) I think it's great that he just did it at your door!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...