Wednesday, December 18, 2013

'Tis Newsletter Season

20131124 family pictures (49) edit8 5x7

My last post was all about Ames. I hope you enjoyed that. So now here are some current facts about Air and I. 

Pretty boring stuff! Enjoy!

*****

Aaron received a calling in our church this month as the Assistant Ward Clerk and now spends a few hours before and after church on Sundays working and etc. Um, he's in heaven with this calling and is ridiculously glad to be serving in the church again.

His health has been on what we call "a good cycle" since October and we are counting our blessings and crossing our fingers that we don't run into another "bad cycle" too soon. We found a new doctor this month and have some hope again that we'll find some diagnosis from lots more tests.

While Aaron was shoveling our driveway a month ago he slipped on the ice and caught himself, but pulled a leg muscle pretty severely and has been limping around everywhere and in a lot of pain since then (a long time). We are thinking about him going to physiotherapy if he can find a second of time, also that's what the dr recommended.

Aaron is still managing group homes for people with disabilities. His work is extremely... busy? But also a huge blessing for us because it pays for everything we need. I think we need a vacation soon.

Aaron is the best husband and the best Daddy in the world to Ames, and Ames knows it. Whenever Aaron is around, Ames is ALWAYS right by his side and making him laugh. They are awesome together…

*****

And me: I just got a new calling in our Ward too. After working in the Primary presidency for a year and a half, I was released and called to Cub Scouts... crazy. I am really going to miss primary, I was seriously just getting into a really great groove when I got released. Luckily I already know all the boys in cubs, and they are great so that helps a lot.

My health is great and I am very blessed for that. I've been doing most of our shoveling myself since Air pulled his muscle, I don't really mind it much since we've got the best shovel ever this year.

I finished nursing Ames at the beginning of November. Ames and I both loved nursing and it was really hard to wean him. But hey! I'm not a dairy anymore! Plus, I don't have to be with him every night to nurse before bed. A little freedom.

My job is great... I cook and clean and grocery shop and play. I am so blessed to have a husband who allows me to have the best job at home, while he has a not-so-perfect job away.

I love being a Mommy and a wife and hope I’m doing ok at it… I know I’ve definitely still got a lot to learn.

*****

20131124 family pictures (12) edit

We are thankful for this time of year that we can remember Christ and his example and the things he taught while he was on Earth, and the enormous sacrifice he did so that we can live with Him again one day.

Thank you all for being here and thinking of us so often. We love you all and hope you have a beautiful white Christmas and a fantastic new year. May your days be merry and bright :)

I made you cookies

20131205 cookies (11) edit20131205 cookies (14) edit20131205 cookies edit

Love, A&A&A Gusa

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

What a great newsletter! I am happy to hear you are doing so well! Thanks for the cookies!

Anonymous said...

I haven’t heard if you got our Christmas package in the mail yet? We sent it very early this month. I loved the Christmas cookies from your blog. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Love, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...