Thursday, December 12, 2013

.Ames facts at 16 months

20131205 playing (34) edit

1. When Ames wants my attention these days I often hear him calling “hunny-hunny-hunny!”, because he calls me and his daddy ‘hunny’ now. And I guess that’s what we call each other a lot.

2. Lately Ames’ favorite show is Looney Tunes. Whenever he wants us to turn it on he shouts “hop-hop!”. Bugs Bunny is his favorite character. He will watch it intently and when its over he will wave and say “bye”.

3. When Ames wants something that he can’t reach he will yell “PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” (please). We seriously only had to tell him to say please maybe twice before he started doing this all. the. time. And it is really hard to say no when he’s being so polite.

4. Ames is a cuddle-bug and regularly comes to me throughout the day for a “hu?” (hug). He holds on tight around my neck for a long time and sometimes pats my back a little or plays with my hair. My hair is his favorite.

5. Ames will try to repeat anything you ask him to say… unless it’s an animal. Then he will tell you the sound it makes instead of the name of the animal.
Say owl “hoo”, say tiger/bear/lion/monster “WAAAWRRRR”, say dog “wuh wuh”, say elephant “woo”…

6. Ames doesn’t love vegetables, but I find ways of making him eat them. He LOVES steamed and mashed cauliflower with a little butter. So do we.

7. At church on Sundays we take Ames to nursery (even though he isn’t 18 months yet). We take turns staying with him and he loves it. His favorite primary song is Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam, I caught him singing it by himself one time and he loves to shout out “BEE!” (beam) whenever I sing it to him.

8. I gave Ames his second haircut last Friday. I got really creative and sat him in his bumbo in the bath and filled it with water and toys and gave him a lollipop. I cut his hair while spinning him around in the bumbo and it worked out perfectly. Although… the haircut didn’t turn out perfect. I’m still learning.

9. I was teaching Ames how to smile by saying “Daddy smile” Air would smile, “Mommy smile” I smile, “Ames smile” and then he carefully opens his lips and sticks out his lower teeth and clenches them together, and feels his mouth with his fingers to make sure it was right.

10. Every morning when Ames wakes up, the first thing he does is point out his bedroom door to the Christmas tree and says “tee?”.

11. Every afternoon when the day is at it’s warmest, I dress Ames up in his snow pants, boots, coat, gloves, hat and scarf and we go outside to play. I am amazed by his ability to walk on the slippery ground without falling. He follows me around while I shovel (usually trying to sneak onto the shovel for a ride). And he sticks his mittened hand into piles of snow, to get it all covered, and then he licks it off. Gross.

12. Every night before we put Ames to bed we have family kisses and hugs. I kiss Air, and then Ames sticks his lips right in and we all hum “MmmmmmWha!” and we throw our heads back and all laugh hysterically. I’m not even exaggerating this.

20131205 playing (40) edit20131205 playing (30) edit

He’s a special boy, this one. And we truly love the stage he’s at right now and how sweet and loving he is. He’s helpful. He’s curious. He’s gigantic (I don’t want him to get any bigger please).

We love you Amesy.

20131205 playing (4) edit

2 comments:

Laura Leary said...

You should know that this must be your Daddy's favorite post so far. He's mentioned it several times and I've caught him reading it over again, too. We love that boy, too.

mommaquincy said...

What a sweet boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...