Wednesday, December 4, 2013

.Already Prepared for the Holidays

20131126 christmas (27) edit

Yes. We are still alive. It's been a while since I've posted anything, and to be honest I've been ok with that. I've been going through a bit of a computer break and have just been using my phone mostly for things like facebook, email and instagram.

I feel like we had a really great month of November. We got together with lots of friends and did ALL of our Christmas shopping and shipping. We've been having so many fun evenings as a little family playing around the house with our boy and listening to Christmas tunes and introducing Ames to everything. He is such a sponge these days and just seems to understand everything. I wish I could describe to you the joy he gives us... or tell you every little thing he does, there really is no limit to his antics nowadays. We are constantly amazed by him.

Sometimes, late at night, after a snowy-blowy day, when Ames is fast asleep, Air and I will go put on all our warmest layers of clothing under our warmest coats and gloves and toques and go outside and shovel together. It’s the most romantic time under the glowing light of our home and the Christmas bulbs around our roof. The sparkling snow all around. We love to do everything together when Air isn’t working, because that is such a small allotment of time. My new favorite thing this year has been shovelling our neighbor’s sidewalk too… because it makes me feel good.

Anyway, I took photos of some of the Christmas things around our home. Welcome Christmas.

20131126 christmas (37) edit20131126 christmas (15) edit20131126 christmas (48) edit20131128 christmas (3) edit20131126 christmas (64) edit

↓↓↓Our sad little tree looks like a cactus from this angle, it's having a hard time holding those lights up↓↓↓
20131126 christmas (76) edit
20131126 christmas (85) edit

↓↓↓These little snowmen dolls and nesting penguins are Ames’ favorite toys these days. He’s obsessed with the “baby” ones and showers them with kisses and hugs↓↓↓
20131126 christmas (90) edit20131126 christmas (50) edit

3 comments:

Mary said...

I want to come play at your house! What a fun Christmassy place. I think Ames is the luckiest little guy alive to have such doting parents.

Laura said...

Welcome back. I've missed you.

mommaquincy said...

It all looks great! Elliott loves my Christmas decorations, too. I can't wait to have all of my grandkids here enjoying them! I shoveled with Richard today and didn't find it very romantic. Maybe we need to do it at night!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...