Thursday, October 13, 2011

.thanks given

20111009 1Thanksgiving (3) edit

Thanksgiving came early this year, again. Blowing me away... again. It just doesn't feel right at this time of year, I can't seem to get over it! I think it’s because I’m still in denial (a bit) of the fact that winter is coming.

The turkey was delicious, and we thoroughly appreciated every bite! And no matter when Thanksgiving comes, its always a great opportunity to think and to remember my blessings. This year Airbear and I are both grateful that we have our sanity and intelligence. That we can make good choices and keep good relationships with the people we love. These are the things that bring us happiness especially as we deal (everyday) with disabled kids who don’t seem to have the ability to make good choices and keep good relationships. No matter how badly they seem to want it.

I’m also grateful that Air works with all these kids, to help them make their lives better. His work is for a wonderful cause, and every bit of stress he has from it is worthwhile.

Just like every bit of work put into preparing this meal was worthwhile! (thanks Ma Goose!)

20111009 1Thanksgiving (6) edit20111009 1Thanksgiving (2) edit20111009 1Thanksgiving (7) edit


We went for a walk after dinner and enjoyed the Autumn leaves.

20111009 Thanksgiving (10) edit 20111009 Thanksgiving (16) edit20111009 Thanksgiving (12) edit20111009 Thanksgiving (20) edit 20111009 Thanksgiving (17) edit

And here's a little video I made for your enjoyment



Shortly after filming this I was ambushed. Those little stinkers snuck up and threw me into the pile (which I was not planning on jumping into). Ah well. haha

HAPPY AUTUMN FRIENDS!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures, as per usual! I enjoyed the video too, you have such great taste in music. I just want to steal your ipod or something... only if we lived closer. That's not a very thankful thing is it, coveting your ipod music, oops! Love you Amber.

mommaquincy said...

Lots of fall up there! We still have such green lawns! And the tomatoes and raspberries are still ripening! We won't be far behind you though, I'm sure!

Nicole said...

I'm so jealous of all the leaves and fall clothes! Fall is my favorite season, and it doesn't exist here. Snuggle up in something extra cozy then jump in a big ol' pile for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...