Tuesday, September 20, 2011

.print


I made this print
today for fun,
as I was thinking about the quote from President Monson
I heard in Conference a few years back.

Lately my future has been looking particularly bleak.
My hopes have started looking hopeless,
and dreams feel too much like fiction.

This morning, I woke up early for work.
I arrived for my scheduled shift and my manager said,
"Amber! You're not supposed to be here today!"
"But the website has me scheduled every day this week"
She took me into the office and showed me the schedule.
She said that the system has been messing up shifts lately... for fun?

I called Air to come back and take me home.
Luckily he wasn't too busy--else I would have had to walk.
Walking wouldn't have been so bad, I suppose.
I wasn't really feeling up for it.

My future has to be bright, right?
Brighter than the present, at least.
I guess It's up to me to make it bright.
And while I'm at it, I should try and make the present brighter too.

I do still have some faith to work with.
And a Father in Heaven
who created things like the beautiful Aurora Borealis.

There's still hope yet.


4 comments:

cc said...

Love this post...and the print...your future is very bright:) love you guys!

Nichole Potter said...

Oh there is hope. Just keep running that quote by President Monson through your head, even if you have to do it 50 times a day when suddenly it becomes part of you. Love you Amb, hand in there.

mommaquincy said...

The Lord must really love you! He keeps giving you trials! Some day you will look back and say "It was worth it". Its hard to say while we are living the trial though.

Jessica said...

Such a cute print, I think I will print and frame it right now! (gray and yellow are my fav together) Keep you chin up, everything will work out. Love you Amber!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...