Thursday, August 4, 2011

.Beehive State .part 1

20110722 drive e2

Here we are, enjoying a wonderful couple of weeks in Utah. How nice to be back again after a long year and a half away!

We drove down during a couple of beautiful sunny days. We didn’t do our usual drive, though. Instead of driving straight to my parent’s home in West Jordan, we drove straight to Kamas, Utah—where my brother Seth and his family are currently buying a home. We got to be there for their home inspection. It was such a lovely home!


Linda and I took the kids down the street to the Kamas parade. Still a few days before Pioneer Day. My little nephews Gordon and Ellis are so cute. They know just what to do at a parade: wave constantly and collect candy

20110722 kamas (4)

20110722 kamas (1) 20110722 kamas (5)20110722 kamas (2) 20110722 kamas (3)


*****

After a fun fun day in Kamas we were still anxious to get to the valley and see my parents! And it really has been so nice to see them again! We got to go with them to visit Grandma Ellis for her birthday.

Here she is holding her youngest grandchild, Lizzy:

20110723 ellis' (1)

Grandpa was anxious to show us his beautiful garden. We were also lucky to be over there visiting when my uncle Scott’s family showed up to visit as well. They have some cute-o kids!

20110723 ellis' (3) 20110723 ellis' (4)


*****

We stopped at some firework stands afterwards… in preparation for some explosive Pioneer Day celebrating!

20110723 fireworks stand (4)

20110723 fireworks stand (3) 20110723 fireworks stand (1)

20110723 fireworks stand (2)


*****

And then we spent the evening with our friends, Mr and Mrs Potter (aka “NiJoel”). I couldn’t get enough of the sound of fireworks popping and banging all around outside so I forced them to come out for a night-time stroll around the neighborhood.


FANTASTIC beginning to a PERFECT trip.

20110723 nijoel


...more to come

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Glad I actually got to see you two! You are such fun!

Nichole Potter said...

haha Joel and I lazin' around! Of course me playing with my earring! Looks like you guys have been shot out of a cannon so far :) Glad to spend some time with you two knuckle heads!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...