Sunday, August 28, 2011

.camera stuff

A few people have asked me recently about the camera we use. I was going to send emails to tell you guys, but I just figured I'd do a post so that everyone could know! It really is no secret.
(Also, I'm pretty sure I've already mentioned the cameras we have on here before?)

Anyway,


Camera #1 Most of our pictures are taken with the Canon Rebel T2i and most of them on the blog are edited (obviously) in Photoshop CS5.
List of our lenses:
~Canon EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
~Canon EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
~Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II (this is our *favorite* one)
We only have three lenses right now but are most definitely saving our pennies for our dream lens. The 24-70mm... some day, guys.
Oh and we have a Sunpak flash, a battery grip, a 32GB class 6 SDHC card, extra batteries, and UV filters. We also recently bought a cool polarized filter. We used it a lot during our trip to Glacier.
Camera #2 isn't a DSLR. So I can carry it around in my purse. It's a Nikon Coolpix S640. It's pretty rad because it has a 5x wide angle zoom lens and 12.2megapixels. Which is really good resolution. It also takes great video.
Sadly, it's been a little slow at focusing since we got it, so I can't say we love it all that much. But when it works, it works great!

And anything else we take with Air's Blackberry or my iphone and edit with the instagram app ...like everyone else with a blog. Also, some pictures I steal from my Dad.

So that's cool.

Any questions? I'd love to hear!


4 comments:

Erika Ellis said...

Thanks! On some of your cool shots... if you feel like it....go ahead and share shutter speed and aperture. The temple ones come to mind....just sayin'.
You guys do take great pictures!

mommaquincy said...

Okay now I understand why you take good pictures! You not only have a great camera you talk the talk!

Jessica said...

The f1.8 50mm is my favorite lens too, it's so great! I think I already told you this... but I don't remember for sure. Anyway, I almost bought that camera, mostly for the HD video capabilities but opted for a pro series (40D) since my last Rebel didn't last as long as I would have liked. Your pictures are brilliant! Though I don't often comment, I always enjoy your posts. :)

Alana said...

I feel you should come teach me because I am clueless with t1i we just bought. And decorate my house because you make things cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...