Friday, July 8, 2011

.feed the birds

20110707 missionaries (11) edit

Air and I never sign up to feed the missionaries when they pass the list around at church.

I couldn't really tell you why, other than that our apartment is kinda tiny... and food is kinda expensive... and we're pretty busy most nights... and we think the missionaries are spoiled for getting meals made for them... and sure, we might be a little lazy.

Are any of those excuses good enough?

I guess they were good enough for me... until last week, while I was sitting in Relief Society I was handed the list. I looked down at it and signed up for a meal without even thinking. After I passed it on I realized that I had just offered to feed missionaries for the first time in my life. Does that count as a milestone?

I felt good about it. So good.

That good feeling only got better when the day came and we cooked up delicious pork chops and then sat down with some fantastic missionaries we had never met.

I guess there’s a reason people feed those guys… they are the Lord’s servants, after all. Now I feel blessed to be able to help them out a little, and I really do appreciate the work they’re doing for our church. They’re doing a great job.

So, I’ve gained a testimony of missionary meals. Good on me.

20110707 missionaries (6) edit 20110707 missionaries (9) edit20110707 missionaries (10) edit


Currently known facts about us:

1. I can't go to girl's camp after all. Work.

2. Cirque Du Soliel tomorrow night!

3. Air is seeing a new doc tomorrow. Woo!

4. Exactly one month from today is our 3rd Anniversary!

5. Two more weeks and we are in Utah!

6. I got a new calling in my ward! I'll tell ya later...

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I love feeding the missionaries! Nice food you fixed them! Hopefully Air's new doctor will fix him up good! Hope to see you in a couple of weeks!

Erika Ellis said...

It's later, will you tell us what your new calling is now?

Nikki said...

I love missionaries, being a convert and all:) Now that life has calmed down I'll have to start feeding them again. I think I missed your new calling, so I'm looking forward to hearing what it is. Hope all goes well with Air's new dr.

The Duenas Family said...

does this mean you're going to set some time aside for us to go on a double date (or triple if nichole and joel aren't too busy)? i promise, when you come down, if you do so then i'll get a babysitter! let me know if it will work, isaac usually has tuesday's & wednesday's free.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...