Tuesday, June 21, 2011

.A Merging Marriage

*Niki, Ambs and Nichole in 2008

I grew up about five houses down the street from Choley (Nichole), and have been best friends with that girl since I can remember. When we were little we would pretend we were sisters and wish it were really true. We would've given anything to be related to each other and have sleepovers every night! We have done everything together.
Over time we've grown, but our friendship has grown too.

Nichole's cousin Niki started coming around and playing with us shortly after high school. We are so alike and pretty much became instant BFF's and sisters. I've felt like a part of their family for so many years, going to all of their family gatherings and even dated another one of their cousins.

These girls have been my best friends, bosom buddies, kindred spirits, amigos and honorary sisters for so many years.


But........
On this day, the twenty-first of June in the year of our Lord 2011, I become related to two of my best buds: Nichole Marie Potter and Niki Rich Dueñas. Through the marriage of my cousin Alita Ellis to Niki's brother Lucas Philipoom

*photos taken from Niki's blog

Awesome!

I can't help but think, 'Would this not be the best news in the world to the 12 year old me?'
It would be!

The only problem now is that I'm not down there to enjoy the only wedding ever with all of my family members and friends joined together in one room.
It kinda hurts my heart to be missing it today.


So, I think I'll spend some time looking through our old cheesy photos, in honor of the events I'm missing down South... *sniff sniff*
I could go on and on with these... haha

Oh yes, many congrats to Ali and Lucas!

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

It was awesome! It looks like your were on top of the photos from today and of course of yesterday, too!

Nichole Potter said...

I'm pretty sure the top picture is my favorite of us three. We had soo much fun together! So many memories came from that great time in my life. Oh and by the way, don't feel too bad Amber.. I could have gone to the wedding but I didn't make it either. I was in the ER getting an IV because I was dehydrated. I guess that is pretty bad when your pregnant.. Anyway, great post!

Nicole said...

I have never heard of another Nicole being called Coley! My family has called me that my entire life! How fun to be related to best friends!(Yes, I'm a little jealous. I tried to get my BFF and my brother to date once. It didn't end very well.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...