Sunday, May 8, 2011

.Oh Mother, where art thou?

Dearest Mom,

When I was growing up I could be anywhere in our home and if I needed you I could just call out at the top of my lungs 'MOM!!!'. Because that's just how we communicated with each other in the Leary household. You always answered back and helped me with everything I ever needed. And sometimes it seems like I needed you for every little thing I did. That method just doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I realized this recently and started yelling for you. After calling out 'MOM!!!' for a good ten minutes I concluded that you just aren't here.

Why don't I ever see you anymore?

Ya know what? You still do help me with everything I need. Of course I don't need you for every little thing anymore. But when I do need something I just call you on the phone (international/long distance). You always make time to talk to me--even though I can hear the eight screaming children you tend causing trouble in the background. You always know all about whats going on with my life because you always ask. And it really seems like you care. I know you do. In fact, I think you care more than anyone else on this planet (aside from Air, maybe?).
Which is why I write this blog.

For you.

Thank you for being the ultimate example to me of greatness in motherhood. You are amazing. I love you!
Happy Mother's Day

love me


*My sister Heather is missing from this family photo... I don't know why?

5 comments:

Laura Leary said...

I'm here. What do you want? I love you, too. Thanks so much.

ellisgomez said...

Very sweet! You do have a great mom, Amber - one of the very best I know :)

mommaquincy said...

I know that your mom misses you and thinks about you all the time! BTW where's Heather in that family picture?

Erika Ellis said...

Oh, I know where your mom is. I got to see her today! I'm glad you write this blog for her so I can eaves drop!

Mary Ann said...

Your mom spoke in our ward on Mother's day. I know it was hard for her. She did a great job. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. She even had dads sniffling. She also did great with the primary kids singing the traditional "Mother Dear" songs. I've always looke up to your mom! xoxo Mary Ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...