Thursday, July 22, 2010

.good things come


I finally got a job.

Remember back in August when I said that I could finally work? Well... I was kinda wrong then. I didn't realize that I still had to wait months for my permanent resident card to come in the mail, and then I had to apply for a social insurance thingy. Anyway, as of January I officially could work. And I have officially been looking and looking and looking for work ever since then.

What a nuisance!

So glad I'm done for now!

Michaels (the craft store) called me in for an interview and hired me on the spot last week. I'm going to be a frame maker, and I think I'll be doing a little bit of everything else too.

I think I'll like this job.

My only concern is that they might try to get me to work some Sundays to make it fair for all of the employees. I don't know what to do about that?

Otherwise, I think it'll be a pretty good fit for me! And I'm excited to start after our vacay!

I guess the lesson I can learn from this whole experience is that pretty good things come to those who wait?

Good things. Like my first Canadian job at a low-paying U.S. based craft retail store?

Sure. Why not?

Don't be jealous.


Yes. Yes we can.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I'm sure that you will be the Craft Queen in no time! They will be amazed at your talents! Congrats!

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations Amber! I could never work in a craft store. I would spend my paycheck before it ever got to the bank.

Jessica said...

Congrats on employment!! Way to be persistent, sounds like it was a LONG time coming. Good luck getting out of Sunday work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...