Tuesday, June 2, 2009

.I'm in the gaaaaaaarden

Since Air's Dad works for the church as a facilities manager he let me come plant some flowers at the Edmonton Temple on Monday. It was such a fun day!
There were some cool people there! That's the temple Pres and his wife watching us work, Air's cousin Maria Elena, and my auntie-in-law Tracey

This is Air's aunt Merlene (her and her hubby are the gardening experts)

Isn't the temple BEAUTIFUL!!
temple

This spring I decided to start up my first garden in our back yard since I knew that there were some garden boxes buried in the mess back there somewhere. I asked my visiting teachers if they wanted to come work on it with me last week and, being the awesome people that they are, they did! :)

Before shots:
We had a blast beating the tar out of this horrifying scene.


And here it is! All ready to be planted!

We decided that the best thing about all of this was seeing the before and after. It sure feels good to make something that was so ugly look nice again! Thanks girls!

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

wow that was a lot of work and it looks great! I am very impressed with your visiting teachers. Of course you are so awesome that it is fun to work or whatever with you! What are you going to plant?

Linda said...

Wow Amber, That looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...