Monday, June 8, 2009

.10 monther


Air and I have been married 10 months today! And we STILL love each other! Phew!



Here's a candid picture I took of Air turning into his Dad (hahaha):
We've been enjoying our weekly walks lately. I really can't express how happy I am that winter is OVER!
Edmonton is a beautiful city in the summer! I love it here...
sunset
This weekend we went down to visit Air's parents and had a nice relaxing time with all of them. The weather down there was..... not so nice! We spent most of our time indoors watching movies and hanging out.
Here's a play-by-play of a hilarious situation that occurred while we were there (which I said I wouldn't blog about but can't help myself!):

I'm in the bathroom about to get into the shower at about 11:45pm (naked).
Air's sister Tamera knocks on the bathroom door: "Can I get my toothbrush!?"
Me: "Um.. I'm about to get in the shower. Is it just in the drawer? I can hand it to you".
Tam: "Just let me in! Wrap a towel around you!"
Me: "Uh.. ok".
Tam walks in half awake and grabs her toothbrush and says in an annoyed tone: "You're just gonna have to wait while I brush my teeth."
Me standing there in a towel holding the door open behind her: "Ok... that's fine".
Tam (brushing her teeth): "Why are you awake this late anyway?!"
Me: "Hmm... You think I'm Tessa, don't you?"
Tam's eyes go wide open as she looks up at me in the mirror horrified: "OH MY GOSH!! I'M SO SORRY AMBER!! YOU SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE TESSA!"
Me: "That's ok, I talk to my sister like that too."
Then we laughed like crazy and Air's parents heard the whole thing from their bedroom and laughed too. Poor Tam was pretty embarrassed.

Isn't it funny how big of a difference there is with the way we'll talk to different people? Once you live with someone for a while (especially family) that politeness just completely dissipates until you're talking to them like you would talk to yourself.
I do the same thing with the in-laws in my family. For some reason we all need to be very polite with each other all the time. Maybe I worry that they'll think I'm mean or that I don't like them or something? With my siblings I know that we still *have to* love each other even if we talk to each other with no respect. haha!
Buuuuuut, I have to be honest - It was kinda nice to have someone talk to me like a real sister in Air's family! I don't think I require as much politeness as they may think. ;)

4 comments:

Jenny Kendall said...

ah, sisterly love, it's something special ;)

Jessica said...

I think it's ironic how we are the nicest to people we hardly know and the rudest to the people we love the most! That's a funny story.
Those are some pretty cool pictures, I like the one of someone (the shadow) jumping up by the sun. Did you take that? it's awesome.
Oh and it's good new that you still love each other, because you know, we were all wondering!

mommaquincy said...

You are too nice! You should have just said; "Wait until I get out"! That's what any selfish person would do! BTW How hard is it to get permission to work there? Is it as bad as it is here?

Ambs said...

Jenny: I think it's funny that you and Jessica both commented on this cuz I know that growing up you guys treated each other like me and Elisa did. hahaha

Jess: Aaron took that picture. It's me jumping. :) I was really only like 2 inches above the ground but it looks higher cuz he was laying down.

Chris: It is super easy to get jobs up here right now... for citizens! But yeah, it's pretty complicated to get a work visa or permanent residence (which is what I've applied for). I've just been waiting for my permanent residence card to come! It could take up to a year... waiting waiting waiting...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...