Friday, May 1, 2009

.much needed vacation

As soon as Air got a root canal and finished his finals a few weeks ago we packed up our bags and headed South of the border, desperate to see something green and spring-like! We were pleasantly surprised by the nice weather they were having in Utah! These are some pics we took at the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I absolutely love that place!!!


We just happened to be in Utah during some pretty big events in my friend's lives too:
Nichole and Joel got engaged on our first day there! Soon they'll officially be known as NiJoel. :)
(Air took this pic of them)
My friend Robyn from Chicago got back from Afganistan and I finally got to see her again!
Ali got home from her mission in Hawaii and we went to her homecoming talk!
And Niki came in town from Wyoming for that too - so we were all together again! :)
(Of course I forgot to take pictures.... DOH!)
(we took this in 2006 when they all visited me in Chicago)

We also went to the new Draper temple. It is BEAUTIFUL!!
Photobucket
(yes Air and Joel were holding hands... haha)

Spent lots of time talking/hanging with my sister Elisa and celebrated her birthday at the Cheesecake Factory! Mmmmm... their brown bread makes me melt!
(can you believe she painted this beauty all by herself!? heh)
Of course, we made it to a few family parties too! Lots of fun - I love my fam!
the annual Ellis family tug-o-war
here's Air getting mauled by the kids at my bro's house - they sure love him!
And we played with our awesome friends.... .................a lot!!
(again, who's holding who's hand here....?)


Anyway, the trip was awesome, but getting home was definitely nice. Now we're back, working away and trying to get our two broken computers fixed!

ps. Happy Birthday to my MOM today!! Love you so so much!

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

You didn't have Seth fix them for you! He fixed our's. Its better than ever now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...