Tuesday, January 7, 2014

.17 months going on 17 years

20140107 playhouse (27) edit

On the morning that Ames turned 17 months old I woke up at 8. Ames was still asleep so I rolled over and didn’t wake up again until 9. Boy still asleep... I got up and went into his room. I rubbed his back and whispered his name. He slept through it.

I sat on the chair by his crib and waited.

I marvelled at how long his body has gotten, he was laying sideways in the crib and his torso is so long his legs can no longer straighten out at all. It's amazing.

I think Ames has been in a growth spurt for the past week or so since he's been sleeping so much.

At 9:20 I finally woke the sleeping beauty up. I was starting to worry, that's why. He immediately jumped up and looked around groggily. He noticed the Christmas tree in the living room was gone. It disappeared over night. He pointed and said, "tee?"

Taking down the tree was a bit sad this year, but it's also really nice to have our living room back.

We set up his tent in the tree's spot to make up for it.

He's happy to have his tent back.

20140107 playhouse (36) edit20140107 playhouse (9) edit20140107 playhouse (21) edit20140107 playhouse (40) edit20140107 playhouse (42) edit

Happy 17 months to our big growing boy. We love you. Everyone loves you.

Also, I wanted to thank all of you who sent us cards again this year. I loooove getting Christmas cards in the mail! This is the only Holiday decoration I haven’t been able to take down yet… Also because I am still getting these in the mail this week.

20140107 christmas cards (11) edit

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Cool tent! What a cute boy he is!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...