Tuesday, August 13, 2013

.twelfth month + a birthday party

20130806 Ames is 1 (76) edit

My tiny baby has turned into a man. I mean toddler. I can hardly remember those days when he was so little that his whole body could fit on my lap while I nursed him... He's so tall and strong now it's incredible.

This month Ames has become a pro walker. He can bend down and pick things up, walk up and down inclines, step over obstacles... basically running even. He also tried his legs at jumping once or twice... so cute. He still has to pull himself up onto something tall to get off the floor, but soon he'll figure out how to do it alone.

He says words. Lots and lots of them... if he's in the right mood he'll repeat just about any sound back to us. It is seriously the best thing ever. Some recent ones: “ticka-ticka-ticka” “pi-ty”(pretty) “shoos”(shoes) “ba”(bath or ball) “oh wow” “coo”(cool) “bah”(he always hits his head while saying bonk, he thinks its hilarious).

Ames eats lots. He'll eat anything I give him, even if he doesn't care for it he'll still open his mouth for a bite. Not looking forward to when he realizes he doesn't have to do that. I'm still nursing him 2-3 times a day--we both love nursing.

Air and I so enjoy Ames. On his birthday I couldn't help but feel emotional thinking of the past year we've had with him and the great love that has entered our family. It rained on the day he was born and it rained again on his first birthday... it brought back the emotional memories to my heart of the day we met him. We love to be around our baby and can't imagine life without him. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. I am so very grateful for this little family of ours.

20130807 Ames first Birthday (52) edit
↓↓↓I made two cakes. One for Ames to smash and one for everyone else↓↓↓
20130807 Ames first Birthday (27) edit20130807 Ames first Birthday (32) edit20130807 Ames first Birthday (35) edit
↓↓↓Aaron makes the BEST lasagna↓↓↓
20130807 Ames first Birthday (79) edit20130807 Ames first Birthday (84) edit20130807 Ames first Birthday (80) edit
↓↓↓I made the birthday boy this little felt crown↓↓↓
20130807 Ames first Birthday (99) edit
↓↓↓a long (semi-boring) video of present opening↓↓↓
↓↓↓he got spoiled↓↓↓
20130807 Ames first Birthday (92) edit20130807 Ames first Birthday (112) edit
↓↓↓he wasn’t a big fan of the mess↓↓↓
20130807 Ames first Birthday (136) edit20130807 Ames first Birthday (137) edit20130807 Ames first Birthday (141) edit
↓↓↓once frosting got in his eyes we took him straight to the bath and blew his new bubbles↓↓↓
20130807 Ames first Birthday (146) edit

We had a wonderful day! Thank you to everyone for the gifts! Grandma McDonald, Air’s parents, my parents, Comaniuks, Hatches, Ruebushes, and all the Learys. We love you all!

We made it to Utah and have been enjoying our vacation so far!

2 comments:

Camilla and Darwin said...

Happy Birthday Ames! I love the pictures, especially the cake smash ones. Those were adorable cakes too!

mommaquincy said...

You are right, he is huge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...