Monday, January 16, 2012

.January of my affliction

20120114 saturday (2)20120114 saturday (1)20120114 saturday (3)

Air enjoying a carwash thoroughly. Costco selling muffin-tops. Carbon got all new tires thanks to a blow-out.


During the final days of every year I see January coming over the horizon. I try to ignore its eminence as we play and enjoy the holiday season. Once that's done I enjoy the first while as we take down the decorations and see the house clean again. I am determined to make the best of the rest of winter.

But then, here it is again. And here it stays. I admit it--I have a January funk. I've been feeling quite ill on top of it this year. And fat. I can't seem to sleep enough lately. Passing the time with sleep is my current trick.

You know, sometimes in life the holidays will end and the cold winter days will be all that's left for a while. But I really shouldn't let that bring me down. (Next year how bout? *wink)

For now, I look forward to being done with this first trimester business. And then I'll be spending all of my time dancing and exercising. I just know it. (And eating some meat perhaps? *wink)

I also look forward to Air's birthday coming up! What to do... what to get him... eek! I love that Air.


***************


Btw,

my little fig seems to be doing well.

Check-up's on Wednesday (with another new doctor. Third one's a charm right? *wink)

Thanks for asking!


Have a great week!

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I was sooo tired for my first pregnancy! I just couldn't get enough sleep! January is half way over!!

Jenny Kendall said...

You know Amber, there is no January funk in Houston. In fact, it's lovely weather. Perhaps you should come down for a visit. James and I are always willing to pay half the airfare of our visitors (if that makes it any more possible). Plus, I don't think you've met my babes.
btw-- 832-265-8705

Jessica said...

Congrats on your little fig! Love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...