Friday, March 25, 2011

.snow. sleepy. disappointment. generosity.

*ceramic owls from one of my fav stores, Urban Outfitters

Hey, amamber me? Here's what we've been up to for the past few weeks.


1. Snow still. It's still snowing/snowed-on and frozen here in Edmonton... We've accepted that this is our Spring weather since it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. These are the conditions that created the miracle of this icicle standing straight up, out in the middle of a parking lot.

Air couldn't resist kicking it down, of course.

2. Tired. I don't know if it was the wedding or the time change, but I have been exhausted every minute of every day lately. I'm so glad to get a break from Seminary for spring break this week. I can sleep in a little past 5am for a few days!

WooHoo!
3. Disappointment. If you ever really REALLY want to get my hopes up, simply tell me that Target is actually coming up to Canada... and then a little while later I'll pass by this new store, but then realize that it's not affiliated with the American Target in any way, shape, or form.

Lame.
4. Generosity. I complimented Jadey's Grandma at the wedding because she was wearing a little owl pin on her sweater. I said, "I love owls!". A few days later we went to a family dinner for 'wedding leftovers' and to see Tam&Jadey open their gifts, she came and handed me a little gold gift box. I opened it and of course found the owl pin. It's adorable. She is so generous. I said, "Are you sure you want to give this to me??" ...she told me that its something to remember her by.

How sweet. I could learn a lot from her.

3 comments:

Alana said...

Don't worry the American target is still coming but not for over a year.

mommaquincy said...

Very cool owls; both the ceramic and the pin! I'm pretty sure I'd be tired all of the time if I had to get up that early1

Jo said...

Ohhhh I love those owls! & your new pin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...