Wednesday, March 25, 2009

.PROjects

Hey guys, I thought I'd put up a post with some of my silly little projects from the last few months!!
1. This macaroni casserole is representing the massive storm of cooking that Air and me have been brewing up in our awesome kitchen! I can't believe it - but I've actually been learning to cook! And I kinda like it! :) Air is really good, and he's been teaching me everything he knows. It's great!!

(in case my fam is wondering - Yes, this is Heb's recipe!)

2. Our huge mantle was looking pretty naked... so I put together this grassy decor to go up there. I'm not sure if anyone likes it but me...
but I like it......... A LOT


3. The next project was actually an Enrichment activity. I know that EVERYONE has one of these vinyl lettering ma-jigs in their home...... but...... now I have one too? haha
(I put this quote because it's my fav primary song to play)

4. And here is the biggest project from the last few weeks! Since I'm on the enrichment committee I was in charge of decorations and games for our big RS Birthday enrichment last week. Our theme was Celebrate your "purse"onality... and.... it was AWESOME!! I made these purses out of paper for the centerpieces. Then we gave them out with prizes inside for the games.
While I was sewing these (oh yeah, I sew paper now), I had a lot of fun because I was watching one of my favorite BBC movies: North and South.... like Pride and Prejudice it's a 4-part series, and to me, still doesn't ever seem long enough!! haha
(by the way, if you are also a fan of this type of movie I have some other suggestions for you to see!)

We had a really good night! Alana planned a really yummy meal and Kari's talk and all the ladies who gave their own stories were really sweet. The purse scavenger hunt was hilarious!! I can't believe the things that ladies have in their purses sometimes... baha!

11 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Amber you are amazing! I think that the purses were adorable!

Brie said...

You are awesome Amber!!! :) Oh, in our ward, the theme was the purse thing too!! Cool! I love the flowers on the mantle! So cute!

Alana said...

I'm super jealous of your kitchen. I should get your recipe from you macoroni casserole sounds like something Jarrett would like (so does that peach cake that you made a few posts back.

The Duenas Family said...

whoa...crazy good...the purses. look professional if i might say so myself. bty (by the way) i do not, let me repeat that, i do not have one of those vinyl thing-a-ma-jigs. i know my last name and don't need it hanging on a wall...and i'm too lazy to make one. :)
just a few more weeks bambi and we'll be happily together again!

Jenny Kendall said...

I'm learning to cook too! funny what marriage does to a girl. You sound very accomplished and house-wifey. I like your mantle.

Jessica said...

Thanks for sending me a link to your blog, I didn't know you had one! You have a house?? I am very jealous of your beautiful kitchen. I like your baby in a bucket pictures too, poor thing!

Laura Leary said...

I am impressed with the cute purses. Sewing on paper? Do you have a sewing machine? I love the purse scavenger hunt idea.

Lauren said...

The purses are cute, but NORTH AND SOUTH?!?! THAT IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!! I had no idea that you liked it! Have you watched Wives and Daughters? Also very good. As is Cranford. Maybe I'll come see you just so we can watch that. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love those purses! Did you sew those all . . . that's great they aare so cute.
And i still love the who villes on your mantle!
Love ya, ma goose oxoxo

The Duenas Family said...

"myhole" huh?...i double that baha.
i've never heard of the coupon guru...he sounds weird. those weird penny pinchin' folk, i hate 'em. ok, so not really cause i'm one. :) but as soon as i become a millionaire i'm throwing all my coupons in the pit to watch 'em BURN, BABY BURN!!
see ya in a few chica. tell the air bear i say "hi"...i just made that name up right this moment...cool, no.
one last thing...my word tag was "corth"...what the h*@$!!

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

You are amazing Amb~ What a fun idea about the purses! I love it! I wish I could have been there to play it sounds like it was a lot of fun! I also really love your lawn in your house :)! No really though I do! How did you make it? Your so crafty I had no idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...