Thursday, October 9, 2014

.project eight: master bathroom

20130628 bathrooms (13) edit2 20140915 home (21) edit2

There you go, I’m starting you off with a before and after shot of our master bathroom renovation.

But now, before I show you more after’s I’m definitely going to show you more before’s and some during’s, m’kay? We actually started renovating this bathroom back in February and we finished it in April… it was easy peasy compared to the master bathroom reno. No tile, no problem! For some reason I never got around to taking photos of it finished until recently? Weird, guess I was too focused on our big basement renovation, which we were beginning at the same time.

20130628 bathrooms (19) edit

This bathroom was gross. The inside of that cabinet was so filthy I refused to store a single thing in there for the entire two years before we tore it out. I didn’t get a picture of the original toilet though. This is our new one here.

Here’s the floor once everything was torn out (including the light fixture hence the lamp):

20140217 master bath reno (8) edit

So just like every room in this house—the walls! Just horribly filthy and covered in dents and blobs of painted on guck. Every inch needed to be scraped and sanded and mudded and sanded again and painted.

20140217 master bath reno (2) edit20140217 master bath reno (3) edit

Once I had the walls and ceiling all painted we installed this vanity fixture I fell in love with from Home Depot:

20140222 master bath reno (13) edit

We installed the same awesome and simple vinyl flooring we used in our kitchen and main bathroom. It went in in a night and we immediately re-installed the toilet and a new cabinet! Yay!

20140222 master bath reno (9) edit20140222 master bath reno (8) edit

Air cut the big wall mirror again and built this frame for the smaller sized one:

20140915 home (14) edit

I begged him to let me paint it white but he wouldn’t have it this time, he loves the natural wood color in there.
It’s pretty nice I guess.

And here it is again… the finished master bathroom:

20140915 home (5) edit

I can’t tell you how spoiled I feel having a bathroom right beside my bed these days with my multiple nightly bathroom breaks, etc. It’s heavenly.

I’m really gonna miss this house some day… Hopefully that happens later rather than sooner.

1 comment:

Nichole Potter said...

Looks good! The white around the mirrors would look good too but I'm glad you kept the natural wood. It makes it stand out :) glad this wasn't TOO big of a project like the others have been.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...