Tuesday, December 28, 2010

.Everyone's a child at Christmas

Have you noticed my blog’s Christmas header? That’s Air and me on Christmas morning when we were kiddos. I had the idea and he made it happen. That's usually how it works with us.

We're a good team.

The header was inspired by my belief that everyone becomes like a child at Christmastime. Everyone looks forward with anticipation and excitement to this one day of the year. We're happy and we forget our problems. We all get to receive and we all get to give. It's so delightful to see everyone so happy and to hear everyone greet you with a bright and cheery "Merry Christmas!" or "Happy New Year!"

We had a lovely lovely Christmas this year with Air's family. We would have loved to go see my family in Utah for the Holidays... but it just couldn’t happen for so many reasons. Hopefully we can make it down there as soon as our bank account, the weather and Air get better. hehe

Since Christmas Eve we’ve spent every day with the family! That means... games, family, Christmas lights, lots of food and MATCHING PAJAMAS!!!
20101224 christmas EVE (3) edit
20101223 lights edit
20101223 lights (40) edit
20101224 christmas EVE (1) edit
20101224 christmas EVE (2) edit

……..Are you ready for these cheesy Gusa’s?

Tara just got back from her two-month trip to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Japan and Hawaii and brought us back these pajama pants. Called “fisherman pants” from Thailand. Awesome!
20101225 Christmas DAY (5)
20101225 Christmas DAY (10)
20101225 Christmas DAY (13)

And of course we opened our presents as soon as we were all awake on Christmas morning!

Air drew Tiana's name and I drew Air's Mom.
Here they are with their gifts from us:
20101225 Christmas DAY (26) edit
20101227 shoppers (26) edit

The family got this awesome gift:
20101225 Christmas DAY (36) edit

And Air and I got this awesome gift (from ourselves):
20101225 Christmas DAY (38)
YEP! A Canon Rebel t2i!!!! {from now on my blog will be a whole other animal!}

More highlight gifts:

-A seat warmer for our car from Josh! {soooo nice to have on the way to early morning seminary!}
-We got some slippers and a heated blanket from my sister Heather in Utah! {she must know how cold it is here}
-And a steam mop from my parents! {I can't wait to clean my floors!}

Three days later and we are all giddy with excitement like little children over here, still! Back to work tomorrow though... ugh.


3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Looks like lots of fun! The camera is like a gift to all of us! Thanks!

Brooklyn said...

I want a steam mop!! It's amazing what kind of stuff lands on the floor with a 1 yr old!!

Jessica said...

So, I am obviously catching up on your blog via reader (reading the most recent posts first) so I just had my previously commented question answered... congrats on your Canon T2i, I looked at those too when I was in the market! I was totally tempted, mostly to get the awesome HD video capabilities. Have so much fun with that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...