Friday, July 31, 2009

.what we do

Q: What do Ambs and Air do during the week?

A: Air and I live in the basement of a group home for autistic kids. Doesn't everybody?

I'll explain: Air works for a company called Entrust Corp that his cousin Kevin owns, where he works with kids that have mental and cognitive disabilities. He's been working in tons of group homes all around our city.
It can be a pretty dangerous and stressful job sometimes, but I think that he enjoys it mostly; plus+ he needs the experience for his future profession as a psychologist.
All of the kids love Air the most out of all of their workers. They remind him of that often!
He is just amazing with them.

I also help out everyday at our group home and do laundry for the kids that live upstairs. I might be getting a full time job working with them once I get my residency too. We'll see.

I'm actually not sure if I'm allowed to post pictures of these kids, but...... you know me, I really can't help myself! We're with them everyday and I just *have to* share some of these guys with you! I wish we had pictures of all of the kids, but we don't.

They are so sweet.








Boy do we have a ton of funny stories about all of these kids!
Life is never dull around here, that's for darn! :)

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

wow! I had no idea! So tell me if you've read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night" and do you think it is a good protrayal of an autistic kid's thinking.

Jessica said...

Nope, not everyone does. :) That's cool though. No surprise that they love Aaron so much, I can TOTALLY see that. Keep being awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...